Homework certificate

Hunter Education Program Hunter and Trapper Safety and Responsibility Hunter education teaches future hunters how to be safe, responsible, and ethical hunters and trappers. Beginning in 2016, all courses will require the completion of homework prior to attending the course. Proof homework certificate the completed homework must be brought to the course led by an instructor. The homework may take several hours to complete.

Homework and the in-person instruction portion of the course is required for all New York courses. Course Details Choose a course below to review course content, requirements, study materials, and to find a course near you. All courses are free and taught by DEC-certified instructors. Although primarily offered for first-time hunters or trappers, anyone is welcome to attend a hunter education course, whether it is for a refresher or an interest in the topic. New courses are added continuously throughout the year. Most of the classes are taught between March and September. Courses are not usually offered between November 1st – February 28th.

Do not wait until just before the hunting season to take a course. Courses fill quickly, so it is important to sign up early. Hunter Education – Required for first-time hunters using firearm or archery equipment to pursue big game, small game, turkey, waterfowl, and migratory game birds. If bowhunting for other wild game, this course is not required but recommended.

Trapper Education – Required for first-time trappers pursuing furbearers. Crossbow Hunting Qualification – Required for hunters using a crossbow to pursue big game, small game, turkey, or unprotected species. Instructor Information Current and prospective instructors can get all of the information they need by visiting the Teaching Hunter Education page. Replace a Lost Certificate Call 1-888-HUNT-ED2.

You will be asked for your name, date of birth, type of course you took, and when and where you took the course. Certificates dated earlier than 1980 cannot be found or replaced. If you need a certificate and yours cannot be found, you will need to retake the course. Other State Certificates New York State accepts Hunter Education Certificates from other states when purchasing a sporting licenses. Contact Us Contact a Hunter Education Office near you.

Pistol Permit Generally, a hunter education course does not qualify to obtain a pistol permit in New York State. Please check with your county clerk’s office or county sheriff’s office for more information regarding pistol permits. Program Funding New York State’s Hunter Education Program is funded by the purchase of sporting licenses through the New York State Conservation Fund and purchases of firearms, ammunitions, traps, etc. Equal Opportunity Courses are available to all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Complaints of discrimination should be sent to the Office of Equal Opportunity, U.

Department of the Interior, Office of the Secretary, Washington, D. Bowhunter Education – Required in addition to the Hunter Education course when using a bow and arrow to pursue deer and bear only. Trapper Education – Required for first-time trappers pursuing furbearers or small game. Waterfowl Hunter Education – Required to gain access to select State Parks and National Wildlife Refuges open to waterfowl hunting. Crossbow Hunting Qualification – Required online training for all hunters that intend to hunt with a crossbow. Teaching Hunter Education – Information for current and prospective Sportsman Education instructors.